Settling in sessions for you and your child
The Nursery offers a number of settling in session to enable a smooth transition in our care for the family to feel safe, secure and happy. These sessions are free of charge before your childs start date to enable you and your child to build a relationship with your key person and ask as many questions as you like.
During these sessions, you will:
- Meet your key person who will be responsible for your child, and meeting all the staff.
- Complete a "Getting to know you" form to enable us to know what your child's routines are, what they like and what they dislike
- Advise you of our routines and activities
- Discuss with you how we will assess your child and how we will update you about your child's progress
- Discuss our security procedures if you wish someone else to collect your child
- View our company policies and procedures
- Discuss any care plans if appropriate
- Discuss any special educational needs your child might have including gifted and talented
- Go though our Complaints procedure with you
- It will also be an opportunity for you to ask any questions
The Roundabout nursery uses Tapestry and online learning journal.